2011年9月17日星期六

Pontianak Lifecamp

   Get the chance to serve in Pontianak Lifecamp during the Raya vacation. Second "overcoutry" serving after the Melbourne lifecamp. Taking express bus going through half of Sarawak, from Sibu to Kuching and then imigration at a place that i forget. Step pass the country by-line. Yeah.... Among 8 of us we shout together coz we oledi in foreign country, Indonesia also it is not " over the Sea". Hahaha....
   Arrive Pontianak quite late evening, just step down from the bus, oledi feel the warm and dry wind blowed to our face. Wow!!!! Totally different experience wif winter Melbourne. Here is really hot like sauna and spa. We as if walk in the bbq dinner party as the air here is contaminated by released smoke during to open air burning and the suffering is this been done during the dry season.. Oh man!!!!!
   First time i serve those indonesian teenager and feel really different. Firstly, languages barrier. Actually i am so confident with my language mastering but my Bahasa Melayu Sarawak is totally cant be used here. Wat i tell them, they dun understand and wat they tell me, i barely understand little bit. Oh.... really hard and gt a little bit discourage. Mainly this is the chance for me to talk more to them, know their lifestyle, understand their current position and try to encourage them. But here for me is facing a really tough challenge. So, i am proud of those Belle and Sharon who will to go for mission here. i think they must be facing the same problem during their early time here.
   Second, culture shock!!!! For the first time in my life, i have rice and salted fish for my breakfast. OH MAN!!!!! 不能接受!!!! Here no kampua or kolo mee de?? After asking from those who had been here for sometime, i know that most of the indonesian need to do tough and hard work who need more energy. So for them, they need to have rice for their meal so that they can substain to work for a long time. Never mind, it' s a good experience of me. Down in my heart, i feel that all the indonesian people must be feel great if they have sumthing to eat assum of them come from poor and underpaying family. Thanks God for providing them wat they need.
   This camp give me a different experience. As all the volunteers will wake up in the morning to sing and sharing the bible knowledge, the indonesian teenager wake up even early compare to us. i feel proud and encourage by their spirit. 5 o'clock in the morning!!!! this is the time i sleep the warmest and sweetness!! But they already "make a call" to God at this time. this really remind me of our behaviour to God. We live in such a glorious and peaceful country. Religion is free and not restricted and most of us need not to help our parent in their farming or other work. Actually we have more time to get closed with God, but are we treasure our time??
   From Belle and Sharon, i have been encourage by their spirit. At the time most of the teenager thinking of which university i should go? which smart phone i should have? which girl or boy should i chase? which country should i go during my vacation? they already decide to serve God full time. Remind me of my promise to God. There is one day God will asking back from me.
   Still waiting for the call of God, when the time and chance is there, i sure will put down everything and walk for God. I know that God have His own planning wat i need to do is wait and them humble to obey. it is not a hard task for me as wat i have now is all from God. Without Him, i am nothing in this world, just a normal guy borned by my parent.
Crucified.. Lay behind a stone...
You lived to die... Rejected and alone....
Like a rose... Trampled on the ground...
You took the fall.... And thought of me...
Above all...
   Tears falling everytime i listen this song. I think there is no one in this world except Jesus Christ is borned to live to die. I wish to give the most valuable thing of me to God. MY LIFE... Fully been His servant in lifeimpact ministries. Waiting from His call and now i just need to equip myself so that i can serve Him well when the opportunity is coming...

1 条评论:

  1. Ask...pray...wait...looking forward at the moment...watching around this world you've been, answer it.

    回复删除